Saturday, February 20, 2010

Who will light Vancouver's Olympic flame?

There are many names out there right now about who will light the Olympic Torch this year in Vancouver. Names such as Terry Fox, Wayne Gretzky, Rick Hanson, Cindy Klassen, and even Sidney Crosby are all being considered. I, personally, do not know much at all about Terry Fox and honestly don't have a huge preference as to who should light it. If I had to choose, though, I would definitely pick Gretzky. He is one of the greatest hockey players of all time and would fit the role perfectly because of him being a Canada native and it being the winter games. I think Rick Hanson would fit the role well also but I don't see him being the one to do it considering he has already traveled thousands of miles with the torch around the world. I feel as though he has already had a great opportunity and does not need to be in the glory any more. I think someone else deserves to do the lighting of the torch. I also think any other previous Olympic athlete from Canada is a great candidate for the lighting and deserves to do it. Still, though, I think Gretzky should be doing it because he is the most widely known and was such a great player that he really would be the perfect person for it.

Read more about these people at:
http://www.nbcolympics.com/news-features/news/newsid=384587.html

No comments:

Post a Comment