Friday, March 26, 2010

Health bill a huge victory for young adults

The new health care bill was a huge debate in our country for some time. Now that it is passed, it is turning out to be a very good thing for kids around my age. This article explains why it is helping us young adults out. It says it will give us much more coverage than before because we were not covered very well due to our low income but now that is changed and will be much better. It also says that its going to be a huge help for us on our student loans and college expenses. The money saved from this law in the college area will be put to a grant and will help even more with college expenses.

Personally, I did not think this bill was need and I didn't back it up. I thought it was kind of a waste of our taxpayers money. Now that it is passed, though, I am happy with the benefits and changes that are happening that will favor me. I especially enjoy the idea of the help for college students. The fact that kids can stay on their parents' insurance is also very nice because then they will not have to worry about that extra cost while they are going through college and paying for it after. All these things will really help out during those expensive college years and will turn out to be a pretty good thing I suppose but I still dont believe that it should have been passed in the first place.

For more information visit: http://www.cnn.com/2010/OPINION/03/23/williams.healthcare.young/index.html?iref=storysearch

No comments:

Post a Comment